Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Surrounded By Concourse of Angels

 March 3rd
Hola! Super short on time today, SORRY! We went hiking with Granada Hills Sisters this morning and then had a zone activity playing volleyball. My bad!
We had transfers on Tuesday where I got Sister Moore as a new companion! She's from Boise Idaho and was also trained by Sister Hoffmann.. It's been a fun week! We're gonna have a great time!

This week...little bit heartbreaking! Which I've heard over and over you'll have on your mission, but I hadn't fully experienced it yet. Not companion wise, that really has been great!!! But I was hit super hard with so many things this week and went through some really hard times with one of the people we were closely working with. Nothing a few hours with President last night couldn't fix :)

D&C 84:88... "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." I am so incredibly grateful for the comfort we can find in the Atonement. I know that He is not only aware of our trials, but there with us through each and every one of them! I know that I have felt His angels last night and today more than ever before these last 6 months. They truly can surround us and bear us up.

On a much happier note.. I got an incredibly tender mercy from the Lord in sacrament yesterday! Rebecca (who was baptized February 9th) was the very first person to go up and bear her testimony. She talked about how much she's changed and feeling the power of God's spirit in her life now. I was crying! She ended with "Well, I'll just leave it at that. Okay." And walked off and it was the most precious moment! And Holly King, who gets baptized April 6th went up! "I don't know if you have to be baptized to come up here..." Best sacrament meeting I've ever been in!

I know this work truly changes not only the people we teach, but US as well. I can't believe I've been gone six months! Time is FLYING by! I am so grateful for getting to be out here. I'm grateful for the strength and support I have felt. I have overcome things this last six months that I never thought I could! I've learned and prayed more in this time than I have my whole 23 years before. And I have gained such a broader perspective of where I want my life to go and who I want to be. I wouldn't trade these last six months for anything and can't wait to see what's in store for this next year!

LOVE YOU ALL!
With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen

Kiss them babies for me!


Right as we started this hike, we saw a "Rattlesnake warning" sign. GAH! So we were joking around about how we would haul back down the mountain if we saw one. And Sister Young has tiny legs so naturally she thought it made sense I carry her...
Not my prettiest picture...BUT HAPPY SIX MONTHS! I have a solid hole in my shoe. At this point I was soaking wet even with my umbrella. To the right of me you can see a river running down the street and then that huge puddle right behind me. CLEARLY the Lord answers prayers and fasts

I took Sister Moore to the top of Reseda so she could see our area. See that Valley behind us?! Welcome to our area.... #yeahitsalot #HUGE
"I'm on top of the world!" Pardon the garment peek... SO nice to finally go hiking again and see LA does have a little somethin' to offer that way ;)
Last Monday we got to take the new missionaries out. They're called to Korean work, going out with English Sisters....and we were in NOHO so ALLLLL Spanish speaking haha they were such good sports
Elder Hansen, Elder Kottcamp, Sister Kemp and I with our last Mt. Dew delivery! AWESOME Zone leaders! So glad I got to serve with them
Got to see all of "my Elders" at transfer meeting this week. Still can't believe 6 months has already gone by! Love these three!

No comments:

Post a Comment