Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy Happy Happy

May 26th--
Dear Familia y amigos,

So I am now writing from...SANTA CLARITA VALLEY again! SO CRAZY! I got transferred back to Santa Clarita Zone (where I first started) and am in the Mint Canyon Ward! Seriously, I could not be happier! My companion is Sister Johnson and she's amazing; we did exchanges together in Granada Hills!! So I've served with her a little bit before but it's been great to be companions. We've had so much fun this week and had a few crazy moments that lead us to opening up/trusting each other from the start. And yes, I stayed a Sister Training Leader. This time over 5 companionships so it'll be fun.

Seriously, it's crazy how much peace I felt with leaving YSA! And with being in SC, I'm over the YSA Sisters :) :) Which means I'll get to occasionally do exchanges and work in the YSA.  GOD IS GOOOOOD! Do you have any idea how many babies and kids are in a family ward?! The last speaker was finishing and I was thinking "nobody is gonna say amen cause nobody can hear him!" There was a little girl who was being contained by her dad and she turned, smiled at him, and let a HUGE sneeze out right in his face hahaha I was NOT the most reverent missionary yesterday...I've missed this chaos!

This week has been full of so many blessings and miracles and I can't even count them! One thing that was really cool was we stopped by the wards' softball game for dinner and to meet the ward mission leader. We were walking by the field and a girl was wearing these really cute pink chucks, so I told her I liked them and we started talking. Talked to her for like 30 minutes; she's a nonmember who was there watching her boyfriend. They graduate next week and then he's taking the summer to get ready to serve his mission. She was SO supportive! She said "I don't understand it. I don't get why he has to go but it's something he really wants to do so it's cool. I'll support him!" I LOVED THAT! I love that somebody who really just doesn't understand can still be so great about something hard.

It made me think about the Young Womens theme..."We will stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places..." I know that we're taught to stand true at ALL times because not only are we blessed, but it becomes easier. For example: people aren't going to ask you to drink if you ALWAYS say no, because they know you just don't do it. But if you only sometimes stick to your standards, people never know when you'll say yes so they're gonna keep asking. I love that Lindsey was able to be so supportive even though she didn't understand, because she saw what it meant to him. She saw him living it. She saw his dedication and determination to it.

I am so grateful for this time I've had to serve a mission so far. It is going by WAY too fast!! This week I'll especially be feeling that ;)Read the Book of Mormon. Read it everyday :) There is a power that we gain from it and I know it helps us feel peace when things are crazy and overwhelming. It applies to us more than I ever understood! Especially the war chapters! Coming back to the church saved my life, and serving a mission has changed it!

I think being away for summer will be harder than holidays honestly! haha Sorry mom... I heard Jason Aldean at a stop light this week and I realized country still makes me come UNGLUED! But I'm grateful for the time I have to sacrifice for the Lord. I just keep reminding myself concerts and the lake and rodeos and everything else will still be there when I get home. 

Happy memorial day and have a great week! LOVE YOU WHOLE HEAPS!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment