Monday, June 23, 2014

#letitgo

June 9th--

AWW I was starting this email, put my memory card in and whaddyaknow...it started erasing!! So I just lost my last 3 months worth of pictures. SO you will no longer be receiving pictures over email cause I'm ticked haha what can ya do? Can't just scream and cry about these things... At least not as a missionary ;)

Which goes with what I was gonna write about today...sometimes in our lives there are things we just have to let go of! I have been so overwhelmed on so many levels this week of just how aware the Lord is of us and what we're going through in life.

This week is kinda hard to explain haha We were able to be a part of so many miracles again! One of them being that we helped a lady move who literally had no where else to go for help. Thursday we were over at Presidents helping SIster Hall with some stuff (kinda...more like she was helping us haha) and we ended up scoring a dinner from Cafe Rio with President and his family. It was a blessing for sure! It's amazing to see how many sacrifices him and his family are willing to make to really magnify his calling. They are inspiring people!

Last night, we had a member text us and tell us we were on her minds all day yesterday. She invited us over for dinner but we had stuff going on. We asked if we could maybe stop by later though and she said of course. We had a meeting and so we finally got to her house about 8 pm. Leaving the meeting, we were drained!! Physically and emotionally we were feelin it for sure. We talked on the way over how much we just wanted ice cream! For some reason last night, that was alllll we could think about. When we got to Wilsons' she opened the door and said "Sisters I hope you don't mind! I told the boys you were coming over, they got excited and asked if we could have ice cream with you!" She had 6 different cartons of ice cream on the table and we almost cried! Something so simple meant the world to Sister Johnson and I last night. I am so grateful she followed that prompting and was mindful to helping out others. Well played Heavenly Father...well played!

I know that whether it is the best of times, or the worst of times He is always with us. I know He hears us when we pray. I know He always answers our prayers, even if it's a "no" or a "not now." I know that He places us where we are supposed to be in our lives for our greatest benefit. I know He gave us the priesthood to really bless and uplift us. I got a blessing Thursday night and there were many things I needed to hear, and many things the Elders NEVER could have known about. At one point though, Elder Kottcamp said "You are exactly where you are supposed to be." I thought back to the Dove chocolate at the MTC and had the same reassurance I had then :)

I know a lot of this email probably doesn't make sense. So I'm gonna end it in the words of Alma the younger. Cause he's my favorite and says things better anyways..." Yea, I say unto you my son, that there could be nothing so exquiste and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquiste and sweet as IS my joy."  Hope you have a great week :) Love you all whole heaps!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment