Thursday, December 11, 2014

ALOHA!!

November 10th-
Alooooooooha from my new companion, Sister Aholelei, and I! I am training her and as of today she is about 2 weeks out of Hawaii. And she's Tongan. I KNEW at some point I'd officially have a polynesian companion! I love it.

This week went by really fast! It was so so good! We had transfers Tuesday. Before we went I just had a really strong feeling I was going to have a poly companion and when the new missionaries came in, there were only 2 english speaking. The other one got assigned pretty quick so I just laughed cause I totally called it.  That night was crazy with both of us trying to move into the Saugus apartment and get established there.

Thursday we set a baptismal date with one of our investigators. She is so little and precious! At one point, she told us she really likes primary and coming to church. We asked her why and she said "I feel happy. Primary is my family." She is crazy shy and still hesitant to pray in front of anybody but us, but it's getting SO MUCH better! After one of our lessons this week she said it in front of her family,. We asked her how she felt and she said good. We pointed out that everytime after she prays she has a HUUGE smile on her face! I'm so excited for her!

I tried this meal called "Caribbean soup." It was kinda interesting but really really good! An interesting combination... raw shrimp, fresh peaches and a vegetable stew! IT WAS SO GOOD! I kinda laughed when people asked if I was bummed I stayed in the states for my mission. just in the last 2 weeks we have had Swedish food, Peruvian food, Persian food, Mexican food...and ELK! haha So I guess full on American food. What better place to be serving a mission?!! It's like I get to hop around the world while speaking english!

I love it out here. I love being a missionary. With holidays coming up, it's so exciting to get to spend this time with people i love so much and try to help them out in any way. I am so grateful for the gospel and the role it's played in my life. I had to speak  in church yesterday on faith and quite a bit of my "story" came out... I am incredibly thankful for a Savior who never gave up on me. And if HE never gives up on us, then we have no right to give up on ourselves.

Hope you have a wooooonderful week! Enjoy that cooler weather! We were in the 90s yesterday walking home from church but I have my quilt on my bed for nights. LOVE YOU WHOLE HEAPS!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen

Funny story for the week:
One of our investigators is married to a less active member. We asked her to say the prayer before we left. She did which is AWESOME cause usually she tells us no. She was uncomfortable and so she went pretty fast. As soon as she finished her husband starts laughing and says "Did you say HALLOWEEN Father?!?! That's not His name...." Indeed it is not. It was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment