Monday, February 10, 2014

"We Christlike......but We Ain't Jesus"

January 27th--
 Okay first and foremost....WHY THE HECK did nobody tell me the Broncos are in the Superbowl this year?! Jacob Brandt I hope you're eating your words right now! Go Denver! Anyways...this week was really really good! It was definitely a battle though for sure. I was reading over my blessing wondering where my "health and strength" part was this week.

BUT that's okay! Satan couldn't get us down! We worked incredibly hard this week and really worked on getting the ward involved as well. It definitely paid off! This week was full of more miracles than I can even explain! Honestly, this week was one of the best weeks of my mission so far! I LOVE seeing the ways this Gospel really does change and BETTER our lives! 1 Nephi 3:7 talks about how there's nothing the Lord has asked us to do, where the way for us to do it isn't prepared already. So true! Things are hard. Doing the right thing is harder. But I know in the long run we are truly blessed for following what the Lord has asked of us.

I can't even explain this week but I wish I could! It was most definitely a CLOUD 27 type of week! Our ward is going to Arizona this week for the Gilbert Temple Open house and three of our investigators are going. I am so excited for them to get to see the inside and see what we're talking about. It made me think about the first time I went through... Taylor was the first person I saw in the Celestial room and I remember just losing it. The week before, I honestly didn't know if I was going to get there. Satan was working so hard on me I didn't know if I WANTED to. But I did and for that I am so grateful! I know that the temples truly are the closest we can get to God in this life and even though it's not dedicated yet, I'm still so excited for them to get to feel just a glimpse of that peace and joy that's there.

Sorry it's so late this week..things have been nuts!! I am learning so so much as a Sister Training Leader! I'm so grateful to get to have this time to learn from the other Sisters and getting to know them on a much more personal level. Hope that everyone has a great, exciting and safe week! Know that we are safe and protected without a doubt :) Life is gooooood here in the great San Fernando Valley. LOVE YOU ALL!

With faith in every exhausted footstep,
Sister Olsen




This is seriously only the second Utah license plate I've seen out here! And it's the epitome of Utah!

We listen to a song that says "This work's gonna fix what don't 'work' anymore" and I think of Josh every time now. This was at church cleaning/basketball the other night. This is the happiest we've ever seen him! So happy things are clicking and working for him
Sick day this week means this stretching was the extent of our exercise! If you look close on the left you can see where I hung up the babies shrine haha

No comments:

Post a Comment