Monday, August 11, 2014

Happy 11 Months!

July 28th--
Sorry I didn't write last week!

Last night getting ready for bed, I realized that today is my 11 month mark since I went into the MTC! CRAZY! Ahh it's going by way too fast! Most of the people out here that ask how long I've been out, I white lie a little bit and tell them I've been out "about nine months" so it's weird to realize how long I truly have been gone.

So what does one learn in 11 months as a Sister Missionary?
1- Missionary work is the TIREDEST I have ever been in my life!
2- Sometimes missionaries feel as awkward standing on your doorstep, as you feel to find them there!
3- Every word in the scriptures God put there for a reason. It's our job to study them and find out why
4- Having charity is a lot more than just getting along with people
5- Avocados and guacamoles are not different vegetables. In fact, avocados MAKE guacamole...
6- Many morning prayers go: "Help me to want to wake up. Help me to have the strength to do so." 6:30 am just never gets easy!
7- The priesthood is not a man. And there are amazing priesthood holders out there.
8- Studying the scriptures truly can change your life!
9- It goes by faster than ever imaginable
10- Seeing people feel the atonement in their own lives is the greatest feeling in the world!
11- When it's hard and you are doubtful, give more!

I can't even express everything I'm thinking today! This week I learned so much! I was reminded again of how aware of us the Lord is, and knowing that everything we go through in life is according to His plan. We followed Nephis' example a lot this week: "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do" (1 Nephi 4:6).  So many times this week, we were lead somewhere not sure why. But we followed the promptings and did our best to be where we were supposed to be. We saw amazing blessings and miracles from it!

I am so grateful for being out here! I am so so grateful the Lord let's us see and be a part of so much! It's crazy the miracles He lets us in on. Hope you have a great week! LOVE YOU ALL!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen

​Got a crazzzzy tender mercy this last Monday! Sister Johnson was trying on clothes at KOHL's and LUKE BRYAN video pops up out of nowhere for Crash My Party!!! Yep...tears were shed again ;)
 

All of the Sisters in our zone

​About 10 seconds before that pointy end went through my thumb hahaha but looking at this picture...at least it didn't go through my head
​Shane loves to draw so asked him to draw me as a missionary so this is my superhero picture. LOVE HIM!
​Sister Training Leaders Meeting
​SANTA CLARITA ZONE CONFERENCE THIS WEEK
​When Lindsay got baptized! She put on the jumpsuit after we'd been laughing about it and then she went really serious all of a sudden and said "I really do feel so pure." LOVE HER!! ​
"Literal Fireside" with the youth this week
Remember the Frost family from when I was in YSA? Christiane on the right is who I'd always take pictures with that they would text home. LOVE THEM! They went and watched a baptism with us and Jazmin on Friday night. Their daughter/sister comes home from Spain in October.
hahaha no comment needed :) ​




No comments:

Post a Comment