Sunday, August 24, 2014

World's Crossed

 August 18th--

OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe you got to actually meet my CALIFORNIANS! Those are some of my favorite people from out here. Not gonna lie...It took me a minute to figure out what baby Bishop was holding hahaha sorry Lex! It took Emily's email "Your niece is so cute! Cheeks for days" to really connect that it was Lex. She's SOOO big from when I left!

This week was great but definitely a little bit different! TRANSFERS came around again! Splitting from Sister Johnson was pretty hard. We didn't talk about it all weekend and then Monday visiting one of our favorite less actives, Jeane pointed out we wouldn't even look at each other haha I knew that'd be hard for me with being out here though :) Goodbyes just are not my favorite.

And speaking of goodbyes, some of my favorite missionaries I've served with went home this week. Including EMILY Kemp. It was weird because I realized that with this group, all of the Elders and Sisters I've looked up to the MOST would now be home. President has them come sit up on the stand at transfers and it was cool to think about how much I've learned from each of them and all the good times. Especially with Kemp ;)  And it's motivating as well to hope that I'm being a good example or influence for somebody else on their mission, the way that my friends were for me.

This week as well...one of our investigators quit smoking!!!! After years and years and years of trying, she's gone officially longer than a week without it. HUGE MIRACLE! We saw her Wednesday and as she was talking about it, she just lit up! She was SO happy and I've never seen her look like that. It was another testimony builder of the atonement and how it works. Alma 7:11-13 talks about it, where the Lord suffered for us IN the flesh, so He knew how to help us perfectly. There isn't a struggle we could ever go through that He couldn't help us with!  It truly does work and is there to help us overcome anything we struggle with. I am forever grateful for that and the many miracles I have felt from the power of the atonement.

My new companion is Sister Wensel. We have had a funny funny week! This is her first transfer as Sister Training Leader so it's been fun to get to help "show her the ropes" so to speak! I'm excited to get to work with her :) Hope you all have a great week! Thanks for always thinking of me. LOVE YOU WHOLE HEAPS!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen



​Emily Kemp. I just love her! I will be forever grateful the Lord let us serve together and for her literally helping to change my life.
Tyson Hansen.......​...went home to Idaho but will also be converting to Utah haha
​Sister Hacker and I with Talin Schick. He was both of our first zone leaders
Spencer Kottcamp actually left a few weeks ago to get home for baseball. And he's a HUGE Utah fan. He just doesn't know it yet...
​Larry Wright! First time I ever really talked to him, I asked him if he's related to the Wright brothers in rodeo haha Nope!

​Tyson Hansen: I served around for half of my mission...

No comments:

Post a Comment