Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hit your knees, dig down deep!

October 14th--

Sunday in church I realized how much of a role prayer had come to mean to me. It's more than just a casual check in or doing it because I'm supposed to...I started praying and really needed to talk about how I felt or pleading for help. There's a scripture I really like that talks about how I feel with it:

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?" (D&C 6:22-23)

Sister Ivory, my companion, went home this week. I miss her! She struggled with clinical depression for a long time but eventually Salt Lake decided to send her home for a litlte while. She is a fighter!! I have never seen somebody have such a strong desire to serve. I learned a lot from her and I know the Lord had us be companions for a reason. I know that the Lord hears us when we pray. I know he answers our prayers. I know He's aware of our struggles and our needs. I feel like I've also come to appreciate the plan of salvation a lot more as well. I love the promises in the scriptures about having a perfect body and all ailments will be gone! I think it is so beautiful. I know that no matter what it is we struggle with in this life, it will eventually be taken away and we will have peace from it.

I hope you all have a great week this week! LOVE YOU WHOLE HEAPS!
With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment