Sunday, February 8, 2015

That's what Faith Can Do

January 19th-

Last week we had zone conference. It was great! At the end of lunch every time, they have all of the missionaries stand in a big circle and sing "Called to Serve" to the ladies that make lunch for us. It's pretty fun and you can feel the spirit very strong.

This time as we were singing, it hit me that this was the last time I would be doing this! I got sad immediately. And then moms' genes kicked in a little bit and I started crying of course! I started to really think about the words and the privilege it has been to be called to serve Him for the last 16 months. It was a good reminder how everything we do and say should be things He would do and say. I thought about going Onward, ever onward no matter how hard things may get or how tired I am. AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE TIRED IN MY LIFE! Or gotten more sleep, so that makes no sense to me...

Sunday night we got a call from the assistants to ask me to bear my testimony. They always have the missionaries do that at their last zone conference. Getting ready to go Tuesday morning, I was thinking how do I sum up everything I've learned in 16 months?! I think the most prominent thing I've learned is love. Before I came out love was not something I believed in (aside from loving the babies). I didn't know that God loved me. I didn't think it was possible to truly love random people around me.

I know without a doubt now that EVERYTHING God gives us, He gives us for a reason. Sometimes I still struggle to remember that right in the moment but I know it's definitely true! I have come to love these people SO much! And my love for my family has increased more than I thought it would too. I'm getting pretty excited to come home actually. I am excited that I know now the kind of person Heavenly Father wants me to be. But I'm glad to still have 2 months here. I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO! People to meet, foods to try, bikes to fall off of.... It's gonna be great :)

I'm glad you all had a good week! Unlike Tanner man, we once again have BEAUTIFUL weather here! I miss those thunder and lightning storms a little bit. But ya can't beat going hiking and getting sunburned in the middle of January ;) LOVE YOU WHOLE HEAPS!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment