Saturday, March 21, 2015

El Fin

March 9th--

How do you start your last email from the mission field?! Ahhhh.

Yesterday I was sitting in sacrament and right as we started, I realized I was in the exact same chapel for my last Sunday as I was for my very first one! YSA and Saugus wards meet in the same building. I thought back to that first week and all of my fears and issues at that point. I had NO IDEA how much fun I was about to have or how blessed I would be.

It's hard to put into words how I feel right now and all of the different emotions running around. But overall I feel incredibly grateful. I am forever grateful I was able to serve a mission! I have seen myself be able to feel peace and hope for the first time. My favorite part of the whole Book of Mormon is the third paragraph of the introduction where it talks about The Book of Mormon bringing peace in this life.

Sometimes things are just hard and there are moments where we really don't know what to do. But I know if we stick in the scriptures and turn to the Lord, we really can overcome anything that comes our way! I didn't understand why missionaries have so many rules but I see now how it gives it countless opportunities of learning how to turn to the Lord. We are able to find the things we want and need the most.

If you find your life not where you want it to be, give God a chance. I have been there before of feeling almost totally empty inside and not knowing what to do. I had things I never thought I would overcome. But as I let Heavenly Father in more, I found those things slowly being resolved and feeling better and better about them.

I'll see you so soon! Thank you so much for all of the prayers and love and support. I could not have done it otherwise. Can you believe it's already been 18 months?! Wow. LOVE YOU WHOLE HEAPS!

With faith in every last footstep,
Sister Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment