Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Feelin the love!

Feb 16th--
This week was PHENOMINAL! Oh my goodness. Best week I've had in a long time! Everything is pollinating super early here (welcome to So Cal) so the air has been crazy and it was scary windy this week! IT WAS CRAZY! So my sinuses are goin nuts but even that couldn't bring it down this week.

A scripture that I have felt a lot lately is Mosiah 24:14
      "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders
        that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, when while you are
        in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me
        hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do
        visit my people in their afflictions."

January was pretty rough for me. This week, so many things happened and came together to where I felt that burden lifted IMMENSELY! I can't even put it into words. The atonement is something I used to misunderstand. I thought for a long time that the atonement was only like "I've sinned to the extent I need to go talk to the Bishop" and that was it. There is SO much more to it than that! Anything that is unfair or hard in life can be made right by the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was a blessing to me before my mission and it was such a good reminder this week that we always need it.

This week had lots of funny things happen too. We did a lot of heart attacking our ward council members for Valentines....AND WE KEPT GETTING CAUGHT! haha it was pretty funny! One house we went to, I felt really bad, but of course couldn't stop laughing. We were working on it and all of a sudden, we hear the lock turn and he wipped the door open. He thought it was people trying to break in! We talked to him for a minute and he said he'd let us finish then we'd talk and he'd act surprised. At church yesterday, he said how their little girl was so in awe of it the next morning. Another member is on the Elders side and lives kinda in the boonies... So we got a ride from the other Saugus sisters, got totally lost and ended up on the back side of a mountain with no lights. It was Friday the 13th so we were telling scary stories while I tried to find the road we needed. It was funny! NOT a good idea when you have the rule of somebody getting out of the car to back you up everytime ;)

All is good in the Sisterhood! We are having so much fun and have so many goals for what I want to do before I leave. We started teaching a new woman last week, have a potential family we're trying to work with and another man who has the cutest little kids! The work is movin forward here in Saugus. And it's awesome!

Thought for the week from my friend Garth Brooks:
"Just remember when you're talkin to the man upstairs, that just because He doesn't answer, doesn't mean he don't care... Some of God's greatest gifts are 'unanswered' prayers"

Happy Birthday Grandma! LOVE YOU ALL WHOLE HEAPS!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment