Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Better than Tupac

 April 28th-

Hola!

This week has once again gone by pretty quickly! I can't believe how fast everything keeps flying by. Ever since I hit my six month mark, I feel like things continue to go faster and faster.

One of the miracles this week, was from a girl we've been trying to get to church for a few weeks now. She's facing some pretty big/hard word of wisdom battles. The first day we met with her she quoted something by Tupac. I wanted to show her a scripture in Alma that it reminded me of, so I told her to turn there and said "Don't worry...Alma is BETTER than Tupac!" She laughed pretty hard and we kept going. She told us about how her friend was shot and killed and we promised her if she'd keep reading and start coming to church, she'd be able to find peace from all of it. I love that promise in the introduction! "...tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life..."

She came to Addicition Recovery Program with us on Thursday night and really loved it!!! I'd given her one of my scripture markers and she was marking up the ARP book with it, filling out all the worksheets. When we left that night, we talked to her for a little bit in the parking lot after. She got really excited when I asked her if she'd read and she said "YOU'RE RIGHT! ALMA REALLY IS BETTER THAN TUPAC!" :) The change that she's experiencing after only three weeks is so amazing! I am so proud of her cause I know what she's going through is really tough stuff. Every time we see her, she tells us she feels like she can't stop smiling. Yesterday, she came to church. And for the whole three hours, she didn't stop smiling!

We spent a lot of time with our Sisters again this week so it was kinda crazy. It was good though! I'm so grateful for getting to serve them and the chance that gives me to get to know them better and to learn more than I would otherwise. This week is going to be busy with MLC on Wednesday, zone training on Friday and also....TEMPLE TRIP! We got special permission from President Hall to get to go with Kirsty as she gets her endowment this week! Gonna be great :)

Glad things at home are going well. One of the Elders pointed out this week that we'll be sky ping in just another two weeks which is crazy! Speaking of time going fast.... Sorry I haven't sent pictures for awhile; things have been crazy busy but I'll send some today.  Hope this week is great as well! LOVE YOU ALL!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen










No comments:

Post a Comment