Monday, May 19, 2014

Mistakes of the past don't define you...THEY REFINE YOU

 May 5th......

Oh my goodness this has by far been one of the fastest weeks of my mission! IT WENT BY SO FAST! I'll keep today short since we don't have much time (as usual) and I'll be talking to you SUNDAY! So crazy. Sister Kemp and Sister Hacker both asked me today if I was excited to see the babies haha like I said...I might talk about them a lot!

This week we had a really amazing lesson with a girl named Pamela. She's the one who I related Alma/Tupac to.  I LOVE HER! She has been reading the Book of Mormon and so when we got there we asked what she thought of it. She told us how she's reading in Moroni and what she really loves about it. When I asked if she thinks it's true, she kinda trailed off on a not very direct answer.

As we went through the lesson, we showed her in Alma where it talks about his conversion story and verse 19 stood out to her: "And now, behold, when I thought this I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more." She went the most serious I've ever seen her and she asked "How did he do that? How did he just let go of the guilt and pain he had?" We testified of the power of the atonement and the power of baptism; of making that sacred ordinance with Him and how only through the Savior are we able to fully let go of everything.

We continued to talk and she told us a lot of stories from her past! She has had quite the life! She is so inspiring to me and I admire how she's able to totally forgive others instantly and not hold any hate in her heart. She got really choked up when she talked about how happy she has become this last month. She talked about the happiness she has seen in her family just from her going to church and all the changes she's had at home. The best part of the lesson was when she brought it back around and said "So if you were to ask me again, ask me again if the Book of Mormon is true...I WOULD SAY YES!"

I was so happy I cried just a little bit!  Seeing people be baptized is pretty great but honestly, hearing people bear their testimonies of the peace and happiness they have found is SO much better. I know she has made a lot of hard changes in her life and that she has more to go...but she's going to be so blessed for it. She went on to tell us SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED! YAYYYY! She's getting a blessing from the Elders tonight and then we're setting an official date but she's thinking May 18th or 27th cause she doesn't want to wait any longer :)

This week was crazy and parts were stressful and long. And everyday is hard. But moments like that are amazing and impossible to describe! I am beyond grateful for the changing and lasting power of this gospel. I know that it changes and BLESSES lives where nothing else has been able to work before.

We had Zone Training Meeting this week and I love getting together with all of the missionaries like that! We had MLC last Wednesday and another one today where we skyped in to Salt Lake so preparation day is short today but it was so worth it! I learn so much every week and I feel like I learned my whole mission worth today. I'm so grateful to not only be a missionary but for my leadership call and the many opportunities it has given me to learn and grow even more.

Hope you all have an amazing week again! Things here are gooooood! And I can't believe I'll be talking to you Sunday. Until then... LOVE YOU ALL!

With faith in every footstep,
Sister Olsen






No comments:

Post a Comment